BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Assing a zone to multiple rooms

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

In certain situations I would need a zone to be assigned to multiple rooms so that it calculates their combined area. The problem is, whenever I do that i basically have to do it manually because the zone updating tool would only work for one enclosure.

Therefore, in the following example, is there a way to calculate the combined area of both rooms using just one zone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Select your dividing wall and change its Relation to Zones to "Reduce Zone Areas Only".

Unless you are wanting to do both the individual room and the combined... then you are stuck with calculating it in a schedule.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hello T.S.,

To calculate the combined area of both rooms :
- do a schedule into you are able to add both to show only the result
- do a single zone and call the calculated area which substract the wall between
- do a single zone with the thinnest link you can do between both
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Select your dividing wall and change its Relation to Zones to "Reduce Zone Areas Only".

Unless you are wanting to do both the individual room and the combined... then you are stuck with calculating it in a schedule.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!