Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Copying hotlink modules?

Kamelite
Enthusiast
So, this is the issue:

The module-file contains an appartment. And it has been copied along all of first floor with Ctrl-Shift-D.
No problem!

But when I tried to copy the whole floor and paste it onto the next floor, it somehow broke the hotlink. The wood in front of the window is present in first floor, but not in second.

Is this related to the fact that during linking, I selected 1.floor, when I should have gone for all stories? Is it some way to fix this, other than deleting all the copies and start all over again?
Windows 10, Archicad 27
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Has you module actually exploded? Or is it just something odd that has happened to the timber?

Selecting a single story just means that it only brings in object whos home story is the one you selected.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
PVBergkrantz
Expert
Building on what Lingwisyer said, I would check if the wood in front of the building has the correct home story set. It could be placed correctly in space, but actually "belong" to another story, and thus not being copied. So check its home story, then save and update the module.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |