Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Dimensions in Rotated Plan Disappearing in Non-Rotated View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

We have a project in ArchiCAD 18 where we have set up two extra floor plan views rotated to be orthogonal to buildings that are off axis from the rest of the project.

When we dimension in these rotated views (same layer set/dimension settings/filter/etc - the only difference is to the settings is the "Zooming"), the dimensions are not appearing when we navigate back to the original floor plan view.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Bruce
Advisor
When you say filters, do you mean structure filter, or renovation filter...or both?

Have you tested this by activating the view that works, then resetting the rotation (ie not by clicking on other view)?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bruce,

Yes, when I say filters, I mean both structural and renovation. The views are the exact same (the rotated one was copied from the original) except for the "Zooming" setting.

And yes, we tested using the original view and rotating it temporarily - this does not make the dimensions appear.

For now, we have resigned to simply using the original view and rotating it temporarily to do our dimensioning.