Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

MODEL SPACE ORIENTATION LOCATION

Travis Petersen
Participant
Hi All,

I am using ArchiCAD 21.

I have merged my model into a blank ArchiCAD file, however there is no process known (by me) to merge the view map.
Anyway i have been piecing it together slowly with exporting overrides and applying layer combo's, pensets etc.

The only thing i can't do is determine the exact position used to rotate the model space, i have a vast amount of views saved onto layouts that jump out of view and to go in and move each one is not an option.

Please can someone help me find a way to either copy views across files or at least determine the model space orientation location.

Regards,
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just out of curiosity, why are you moving your model into a new file? Are you just breaking up a larger project?

Ling.

ps. Rotating your model space shouldn't be affecting your views as that is all saved per view... Are you rotating your entire model as you don't know what orientation or origin the model was originally built to?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Travis Petersen
Participant
Hi Ling.

We were having issues updating this file (as a hotlink) in any other teamwork file, with an error message saying invalid hotlink. See attached image.. FYI this was across all work stations. +/- 7 computers.
All using windows 10. i7's 16GB ram

we deleted the entire model, purged all, saved pln's repaired, relinked hotlinks, reshared teamwork files, faster Graphics card, support package to Graphisoft all with no luck. Graphisoft can only advise if the error was recreated in a .pln state - which it works.

Only option that worked was merging the model into a new ArchiCAD template which proved to me some background process of ArchiCAD infrastructure is corrupt.

As we are now working in a clean ArchiCAD template file we have no saved views. Our old file contained hundreds of saved views with rotated model spaces - Specifically due to angles of elements, eg. model space set to 0 degree's which shows a curtain wall at 45 degree's, we then rotate the model space for the curtain wall to be horizontal then saved the current zoom... i need to know how to find the origin that was used to rotate the model space for that view.

Regards,