Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Property as listing Criteria

Titiriga
Booster

Hello!

I am trying to Make a template for scheduling elements in my project. I will list elements with all of the three types of schedules (Elements, Components and Surfaces) and I need a mechanism to sort with wich type of schedule a certain element will be listed. Some elements need to be listed with multiple types of schedules - ex. most elements I need to be listed with either Elem/Comp and Surf.

My idea was to create a Option Set Property and have a drop-down list of all three types and a "Not listed" fourth type. This way, I would just check the boxes as needed for any element and it would be listed with the proper type of schedule.

The problem is that when I use this property as a Criteria in the Scheme Settings box, it only works with the deafult set value of the property. If some elements have a different value selected, the Criteria dosent work and no elements are filtered to be listed in the Scheule.

Can anyone help with this matter?

Thank you.

Operating system used: Windows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What if you create three element Properties with the following (or similar) names:

1. "List In Element Schedules"

2. "List in Component Schedules"

3. "List in Surface Schedules"

All three would be TRUE/FALSE Data Type.

All three Properties would be available for all Classification.

Then, you need to set the value of all three Properties for all elements.

Then, when you create the Schedule criteria, you include that, for example, in an Element Schedule, the "List In Element Schedules" Property must be TRUE.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

What if you create three element Properties with the following (or similar) names:

1. "List In Element Schedules"

2. "List in Component Schedules"

3. "List in Surface Schedules"

All three would be TRUE/FALSE Data Type.

All three Properties would be available for all Classification.

Then, you need to set the value of all three Properties for all elements.

Then, when you create the Schedule criteria, you include that, for example, in an Element Schedule, the "List In Element Schedules" Property must be TRUE.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you Laszlo

I think that my original idea was a bit more to the point and It's a pitty that it dosent work in ArchiCAD. Your idea is great and I think it would do the job fine. Thank you.

Setup info provided by author