Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Reflected ceiling plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning All,

Just wondering how to go about setting up reflected ceiling plans.

Using a single storey dwelling as an example, should I set up the ceiling plan on the same storey as the ground floor plan and customise the view using layer combinations? Or should I set up the reflected ceiling plan on its own storey.

Much appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Bruce
Advisor
Typically do it on the same storey - otherwise you have a real headache trying to get the walls and openings show.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response Bruce, that makes sense.

What about a roof plan. Would it be best to set it up on its own storey? How high should the floor plan cut plane be for a roof plan?

Thanks
Bruce
Advisor
Yes - roofs should be on their own storey. Generally you see the entire roof, so the cut plane would generally be higher than the ridge...but given ArchiCAD's symbolic display, you probably won't need to adjust this for the majority of situations.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb