Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

XYZ coordinates as properties in each element

mscAV
Participant

Hei,

for a project i need to export a bunch of IFC models where the client asks for an own p_set with specific properties for each element. I made new properties, configured the Property Mapping in the IFC Translator to put all those properties in an own p_set.

The only thing I don't get to function is having x, y and z coordinates for elements as properties.

When I open the IFC in for exemple Solibri, Solibri shows coordinates in the "BIM Data" - "Location" folder as global X, Y and Z coordinates. I basically need the same information in my own defined p_set.

So far do I think that the solution should be something like defining a property die x, one for y and one for z and then build up some Expression to it.

Would be wonderful if someone here has a solution for it. 🙂

Thank you!!

2 REPLIES 2
zoli79
Enthusiast

For a completely different reason I also need to retrieve X and Y coordinates for elements. I would like to use these as criteria in schedules (filter elements entirely within a bounding box).

I understand that coordinates are not single values for bodies, but start point, end point for linear elements, anchor points for objects, minimum / maximum X, Y values are single values that ArchiCAD should be able to provide as parameters.

Any solutions for this?

macOS 16, ArchiCAD 27 (USA)
first ArchiCAD: 6.5
mscAV
Participant

Hei zoli79,
so far there is no solution for that. Solibri takes point of gravity for elements such as walls, slabs, etc.
But Solibri generates these coordinates when opening the IFC. Its nothing I managed to get as properties in ArchiCAD.

Maybe a strange workaround could be to generate an IFC file from ArchiCAD, open it in something like naviate simplebim, transfer x, y, z to some new IFC properties, then build an IFC translator for import in ArchiCAD to read these new IFC properties and then match them to the elements of your ArchiCAD model.

- this is not a good solution, and I am not sure if it would work.