Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d window is blank

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 3d window is blank. Everything was acting just fine with the file until all of a sudden when i open a 3d window, it shows absolutely nothing.

Any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
Do a search in this forum. For "3D empty", "model disappeared" or whatever.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

One possibility is that you have pressed command+Y, which in ArchiCAD 11 activates '3D Cutaway' (View -> Elements in 3D View > 3D Cutaway).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately I just had to revert to an earlier saved version which seems to be fine, although of course, old.

Nothing I tried fixed the problem - all of my 3d views (saved custom views or generic) just opened up a white, empty window. Also when I'd create new 3d views - same problem.

I'm using version 10 (so I don't think this was the problem: pressed command+Y, which in ArchiCAD 11 activates '3D Cutaway')

and I couldn't find any other posts from people with similar problems that were helpful.

But thanks for the suggestions.
Tadhg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this same problem - I same problem crops up from time to time so I must press something by mistake but I'm not sure what. (I have recently swapped from Autocad to Archicad which may be why)
What you need to do is on your plan put a camera some where outside the building pointing towards the building. Then select the camera and right click and select show all in 3D.