Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad on Mac Studio?

genarch
Enthusiast

Has anyone run Archicad on a new Mac Studio? If so how was the performance?

Mac OSX 11.6.8

AC26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

iMac Pro 2017 / 8-core 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM
37 REPLIES 37

I will have to find something on line to show me how to do that with my IPhone.

Thank you for your help. 

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

It’s all on the apple web site

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
mthd
Mentor

I am impressed at how simple it was to set up the Apple Mac Studio.

I used a non Apple usb KB & mouse to get it started. I have also downloaded AC24 for Mac and installed it in demo mode for now along with the license manager.

My HP monitor has a HDMI port so all went well. All my Logitech and MS wireless input devices work fine with it.

I just have to find out about getting my license to work with Mac now from my provider and all should be good ?

Then I will test my project on it to see if the 3D will generate with my fences that I made with CI tools ? They wouldn’t generate after a while on my HP with a comparatively small AMD Radeon HD 6570 with a meager 1024MB graphics card.

The proof will be in pudding as the English say.

Good luck and let us know how you and show the result pls

Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

@mthd wrote:

I just have to find out about getting my license to work with Mac now from my provider and all should be good ?

There is no difference between a Windows and Mac license (at least not that I am aware of).

The one you have should work just fine.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

AC24 all good on the Mac Studio with the license manager. I was able to open my files on the Mac from Windows as well. AC24 loads very quickly now in comparison to my old HP. 

jkershaw
Enthusiast

Longtime Mac and AC user here. Been using a MacBook Pro with an M1 Max chip and 32GB memory for a year now, and I could not be happier, even though I have been primarily using Archicad 25 running through Rosetta 2 emulation. Both Archicad and Twinmotion perform well on that machine. Even better is the native version of Archicad 26 - it is noticeably faster. 

I just upgraded my desktop to a Mac Studio M1 Max with 64 GB memory. I don't have much to report yet, except to say that setup and installation was relatively easy, even with Ventura. I had to download and install Codemeter separately as noted in this post

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
mthd
Mentor

I have found Archicad 24 build 7006 for Mac to be very stable with Monterey OS.

I am stoked with the performance of my Apple Studio Mac M1 Max for my small duplex residential project.

Unfortunately I couldn’t program the buttons on my old Logitech MX Revolution mouse with all the support software. I just bought a gaming mouse instead that is programmable with Logitech Ghub software.

My Epsom 7720 printer was automatically recognized by my OS no problems.

I see some are having problems with the Ventura OS so I will hold off before upgrading it.

Thank you for posting your difficulties here, it all helps.