Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Invisible model in 3D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
When viewing a model in the 3D window, it is completely invisible. Archicad functions as normal as I can still select elements, but it would ofcourse be much easier if I could see what I'm selecting.

This occurs randomly from what I could tell as there is no particular command or function that triggers it. In order to fix the problem I have to restart AC (13 in this case) and all is well...till it happens again, and again.

I'm wondering whether this is a software or hardware problem? And if anyone knows how this can be resolved. Thank you

Sujey

AC13 64bit, Windows 7 pro
Intel Xeon 2.53GHz, 6GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro FX550
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
downlaod latest drivers for your graphic card

I have 9800 gtx and if i want to use it with archicad 13 i have to select
2d drawing antiliasing from work inviroment cos i keeeeep losing drawing in 2d and 3d

This is only case if you have win 7

on xp everything works fine !

p.s. try to edit 3d setings of your card from nvidia control panel.
you can try to change antiliasing and other parametars and you can set 3d parametars for archicad (create profile for archicad)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Updated Nvidia driver to latest driver (jan 2010). This resulted in a blue screen whilst saving AC file, if it was Nvidia that was the cause I don't know for sure, but it happened shortly after. The file went from 50MB to 5MB as I'm guessing the computer hadn't saved the entire file in time. Luckily I had a backup, so no problem with losing data, but thats definitely a lot of hours work! I've rolled back to Microsofts own driver.

I have now adjusted the anti-aliasing in work environment, so fingers crossed!

Sujey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doesn't look like the work environment adjustments have helped as the model continues to dissappear regardless of what setting is there.

Back to the drawing board! LITERALLY!
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just google your card and i find out that its not possible to buy it on let say newegg.com which means that your card is outdate. Plz can you tell me is your card AGP or PCI ???

Easest way to solve your problem is to buy a new graphic card which runs good with archicad

Did you try to run archicad in compability mode ?
Do you have problems with any other application which uses OpenGL and if you didnt try this plz try
Do you have problemes when you turn off Opengl and turn on archicad 3d engine.
If archicad engine displays 3d as it supose to look then you have problems with your card 100 %
It can be drivers (which is problem in 99 % cases)
Dont use drivers which came with microsoft cos then you are not using your card 100 %

Install latest drivers again...
you can download nvidia drivers remove tool which will do job for you (uninstall)

did you isntall these drivers ???
Version: 191.87 WHQL
Release Date: 2010.02.09
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 82.7 MB

wisit 3dguru.com and try to downlaod beta drivers or maybe one version older drivers
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've reinstalled the driver again, but this time I made a few tweaks in its control panel before I started AC (incase it blue-screened). The 3D settings are program specific now, so it maximises performance and it seems to have done the trick. It hasn't crashed and I've been using AC for the last few hours without a hitch. Only problem is that the screen now flickers. Screens refresh rate is at 59Hz, won't let me save any higher.

Thanks for your help and patience! Much appreciated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sujey wrote:
I've reinstalled the driver again, but this time I made a few tweaks in its control panel before I started AC (incase it blue-screened). The 3D settings are program specific now, so it maximises performance and it seems to have done the trick. It hasn't crashed and I've been using AC for the last few hours without a hitch. Only problem is that the screen now flickers. Screens refresh rate is at 59Hz, won't let me save any higher.

Thanks for your help and patience! Much appreciated.

do you use LCD or CRT monitor ?
gpowless
Advocate
I have had the same problem for a couple of years and found that the cause was the view direction in the navigator. For some reason the camera and view become detached far away from the model location and pointing in the wrong direction. But the ghost of the model is still there, so this is definitely an Archicad problem....not a driver of video card problem.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have two LCD monitors hooked up to my computer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, your video card does not meet the minimum requirements for ArchiCAD 13 since it seems it only has 128MB of video RAM. I'd highly recommend upgrading your card to at least 512MB
Learn and get certified!