BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Master Layout not visible

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed that elements on master layouts are not visible on standard layouts (was occuring in v11 and now also in v12);
hasn't been a major problem because have been trace referencing the required master layout, but still is annoying. Have switched all layers to show and tried all combinations in the Project Preferences (colour, above/below etc.) to no avail. Has anyone had same issue (indicating it's not just me inadvertantly changing a setting somewhere) or can shed some light on this?
19 REPLIES 19
Barry Kelly
kombibob wrote:
I've noticed that elements on master layouts are not visible on standard layouts (was occuring in v11 and now also in v12);
hasn't been a major problem because have been trace referencing the required master layout, but still is annoying. Have switched all layers to show and tried all combinations in the Project Preferences (colour, above/below etc.) to no avail. Has anyone had same issue (indicating it's not just me inadvertantly changing a setting somewhere) or can shed some light on this?
Have you checked the on screen display option for showing masters in layouts?
This may have been turned off accidentally.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
D'ope!!!! [Smacking forhead with hand]

Thanks!
jatassoc
Participant
We are also experiencing problems with Master layout visibility on screen in Windows XP version of AC12 (US1210). We use Nvidia based 8800GTS. Printing a layout and the Master Layout is there. This has been checked on two sperate Windows computers. But no visibility on screen.
We also have a MacPro and on mac side no visibility problems, but on Windows side the visibility problem. The mac has a Nvidia 8800GT video.
What's up?
Barry Kelly
jatassoc wrote:
We are also experiencing problems with Master layout visibility on screen in Windows XP version of AC12 (US1210). We use Nvidia based 8800GTS. Printing a layout and the Master Layout is there. This has been checked on two sperate Windows computers. But no visibility on screen.
We also have a MacPro and on mac side no visibility problems, but on Windows side the visibility problem. The mac has a Nvidia 8800GT video.
What's up?
It's the on screen display option for showing the masters on screen.
When this is turned off they don't show but they will still print.
You just need to turn it back on.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I am also having problems with Master Items disappearing while using TEAMWORK... Seems on either Send and Receive or simply saving the file, the items disappear only to return after closing and re-opening.

Frustrating, as in the heat of the submittal, I don't always check before printing. I have become accustomed to printing to PDF first then using that file to do all my printing (the master items can't disappear from the .pdf).
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
jatassoc
Participant
Yep, that was it. Apparent got turned off and did not realize it. Da!
Thanks all.
Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
I am also having problems with Master Items disappearing while using TEAMWORK... Seems on either Send and Receive or simply saving the file, the items disappear only to return after closing and re-opening.

Frustrating, as in the heat of the submittal, I don't always check before printing. I have become accustomed to printing to PDF first then using that file to do all my printing (the master items can't disappear from the .pdf).
I don't use teamwork but I have seen master items missing from a PDF.
I have all my place drawings to update automatically so when publishing to PDF they will update first if they need to.
However I have had it happen in a multi-page layout that uses the same master on all the layouts that the master is missing from the first page in the PDF - but appears on the others.
And it was definitely showing on screen.
All I can put it down to is that it does not update in time to publish on the first page?
The only fool-proof solution I have found is to manually "Update" the masters before publishing.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Eduardo Rolon
I have seen this also, with different layouts having the same master and on publish to Pdf some have the master and others do not. In my case the element on the master was a Work Sheet with the Preview set to "Quick" changing it to "Full Preview" fixed the problem though I wasn't able to repeat the error.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just for fun...

My particular circumstance ...

1. I have MANY Master Layouts in this particular file

2. At any given time, one master may disappear, yet changing to a different master would show layout items (no, changing back did not bring the other missing items back)

3. Closing and opening the file would always bring them back, until (I believe) the next SAVE. Then items would be missing again.

4. At first, I thought I could outsmart it by making duplicates of the Masters I used, and simply switch them when items starting disappearing. But AC showed me who's boss by eventually showing neither.

5. There is no 5.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!