BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Origin problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone please take a look at this file. The placed object reads a different Y and X coordinate than it should be. I have tried reseting the origin but still no luck?? Am i missing something basic here?

FYI i you move the object around it will output its X/Y coordinate

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Mark wrote:
Can someone please take a look at this file. The placed object reads a different Y and X coordinate than it should be. I have tried reseting the origin but still no luck?? Am i missing something basic here?

FYI i you move the object around it will output its X/Y coordinate

Thanks for any help.
Mark,
This object works perfectly fine in my template.

When I open your PLA the object says it is at 0,0 (which also matches with the grid lines).
I also see a quick flash of a ghost-grey origin where your object is but it soon disappears.
Your drawing origin is way off to the left some -189.642, -30.6135 away.
What is strange is the co-ordinate box says this origin is at 0,0 but it doesn't match the backgound grid.

Somehow you origin has been moved but don't ask me how.
It is definitely the default origin.

Try an new and reset or the default graphisoft template and see what happens

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
I can confirm Bazz's comments.
The object works perfectly in my template also.
The problem seems to be within the file you have the object in.

I dragged a copy of the object straight up (y=3000). The new copy says it is located at y=3, x=1.83691e-096, so something is not right.

Cheers
Stu.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Guys,

I have actually done the same, all other pln files work correctly except this one. Infortunately this file is a copy of a much larger complex file, one that i dont want to reset. I was thinking there was just some setting i was missing. Very annoying.

I was told by others that it has something to do with the origin originally being so far away from the drawing and the bounding box, but since i have deleted everything else except this one object i had thought this ruled it out, maybe not.?? Not to mention i dont want to move the file towards the origin as all other consultants work by REAL world coordinated as it should be.

I should mention I am using v10 latest build but am told it can happen randomly in 11 aswell.
Learn and get certified!