Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Project file duplicates

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I save, the project doesn't rewrite itself but makes a dublicate. This behaviour started on my computer since version 21, as far as I remember.
This screenshot describes what I mean: Maybe I need to change something in settings?

My archicad version is 22, the system macOS Mojave 10.14.1
13 REPLIES 13
Eduardo Rolon
Can confirm that between Dropbox, OneDrive and iCloud the one giving problems is iCloud. Is there a possible solution to this besides not using iCloud? Right now I am in the process of removing DB as an option based on what they have announced as their roadmap.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

mikas
Expert
I wonder if you could elaborate a little bit about DropBox roadmap, and why it appears prohibitive to your practice?
We too do use dropbox, almost exclusively nowadays. We have been quite happy with it so far.

Thanks

ps. this is probably a wrong thread for this conversation though..
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Eduardo Rolon
Basically I just need to share specific folders, I don't need any of the other stuff that they want to charge more for.

So between raising prices, adding extra "bloat", having other options to share folders that I am paying for (OneDrive, iCloud), and being unable to configure DB as I want I decided to not renew my subscription.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

mikas
Expert
We neither use the apps for collaboration nor do we need any plug-ins or so. It's just the synchronized filesharing server with automatic backup for us. And of course sharing the project outputs to some partners/clients/consultants.

Just paid for a year some time ago. Lets see what happens then it's time to pay for it again. If they ask for a lot more than now, maybe we will have to consider it again.

Thanks for the comment.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS