BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

R12 install error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, our office is running power pc G5 macs with our R11. When we tried to upgrade to R12, we get the message that R12 is not available on our platform. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
There is a problem with the PPC version in the DVDs contact your reseller.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Dwight
Newcomer
Yeah, like take a hint, eh?
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Search the forums here - a US download link for PPC has been posted. This question is asked about every other day...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Dwight wrote:
I did
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
The boss says that upgrades to hardware are not in the budget at this time, asking if we the staff wanted to skip a paycheck or two for the hardware upgrade.... We said no.
TomWaltz
Participant
rpm wrote:
Dwight wrote:
The boss says that upgrades to hardware are not in the budget at this time, asking if we the staff wanted to skip a paycheck or two for the hardware upgrade.... We said no.
If the boss can't afford to replace 3-year old front-line production hardware, I'd take that as a bad sign.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
They'll want to see how much faster a new machine would be in their section generation - that could be a selling point.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
rpm wrote:
Dwight wrote:
If the boss can't afford to replace 3-year old front-line production hardware, I'd take that as a bad sign.
You see there's no budget because the computers are so slow that the firm is not making enough to buy new computers.

I know firms that lease all their computers so a two year turnover is locked in.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point Mathew, I finally just figured that out, but as part of a very small firm - adding up all the employee's in administration, drafting, marketing, design, and production departments - there is me, myself, and I.... I finally upgraded my old powerbook and I can't even describe how much faster things are. To save some $$$ I upgraded the previous gen. macbook pro and saved about %40. Tech that is 6-10 months old is way faster than my 4 year old powerbook.

Looks like I need to update my signature.
Learn and get certified!