BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Uninstall Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody really know how to uninstall ArchiCAD on OS 10.3.2? This newby inadvertently installed ArchiCAD into the Documents folder instead of the Applications folder. I discovered when attempting to view selections in the Windows library that there was a Missing Windows folder in the Status Bar. I thought this would be the opportunity to uninstall the application and install fresh in the Applications folder. I put it the ArchiCAD folder into the trash, tried to empty the trash, and found out that the ArchiCAD folder could not be deleted because it was locked. (There is only one computer.) I opened its Get Info and was unable to unlock the folder because the lock was dimmed. Unable to find out how to undim the lock with Apple Help, I took the ArchiCAD folder out of the trash and put it into the Applications folder. I tried to reinstall "Fresh" unsuccessfully. So I resorted to the other option, the partial installation. Although "Installation was successful," when I try to view the window selections, a message says , "Improperly Shared Library." What I do now?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Correction: ArchiCAD will not even launch. The meesge reads, "Application Launch Failure...because of a shared library error."
rm
Advisor
Bob try the following:

Assuming you have Admin. status on your Mac, do a "find" for AC. Assuming it still in your docs folder, drag the whole AC folder to the trash.

DO NOT TRY TO EMPTY THE TRASH UNTIL YOU REBOOT THE MACHINE.

Next, go to the Users folder that use the software and navigate to Library/Preferences/Graphisoft folder.

Drag the Graphisoft folder to the trash. Do this for each "user".

Once you reboot the machine, empty the trash. Try to launch AC know..... probably nothing will happen because you just "trashed" everything.

If this is the case, get your AC installer CD and reinstall to your APPLICATIONS folder on your hard drive ........oh, and show the newbie how to navigate the finder to place things on the hard drive.

Good Luck,
Architects Design Forum, Ltd.

Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
So this is a monologue so far. I've just had so much trouble setting up this whole system that now when I have a problem I have a tendency to panic and write in instead of first taking the problem apart and trying to analyze it.
In sending the ArchiCAD folder to the trash and trying empty the trash again I realized that it is only one file that was locked—"Architec.ttf." I found the file and discovered that it was unlockable, so I did unlock it and was able to empty the trash. If I can't properly install Archicad now, I guess you'll see another addition to this string from me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Robert, for your quick, detailed answer. I've deleted all Graphisoft and ArchiCAD files, so I assume that the application is uninstalled.

There is only one user. It is the Student Version I am trying to (re)install with the disk.

Here is what happens now: A popup comes up for the choice between Student version and University version. Student version is already chosen, so I click OK.

Immediately a message comes up saying, "Error creating folder. Access denied error."

Now what? Thanks!
rm
Advisor
Sorry Bob,

I don't know a thing about the student version. I would contact the person that sold you the software for some input.

Robert Mariani
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do thank you, Robert.
Djordje
Ace
Bob wrote:
There is only one user. It is the Student Version I am trying to (re)install with the disk.
Is that user the administrator? IMHE installing any version of ArchiCAD works better (read doesn't otherwise) if you are.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for joining in, Djordje.
System Preferences 1) lists only one account (My Name, "Admin."), 2) has the box checked next to "Automatically log in as (My Name)", 3) and shows no additional accounts when the up and down arrows are depressed.
Please expatiate "IMHE installing" and "read doesn't otherwise."
By the way—the typograhic tools in offered in this forum don't work for me either—the symbols just tag on to the end of the line!
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking on the Apple forum I saw several entries of "Application Launch Failure" messages happening to users in OS 10.3.3. So I concluded that my problem must have been caused by the computer Operating System. I called AppleCare and Troy walked me through the solution. Here it is for those of you who may be experiencing the same problem (receiving Access Denied message while trying to install ArchiCAD even though you are the Administrator):
1) Click on the Hard Drive.
2) Click on Applications
3) Click on Utilities
4) Click on Disk Utility
5) click on Macintosh HD
5) Click on First Aid
6) Click on Repair Disk Permissions
7) Watch it work.
Learn and get certified!