BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

display issues: image rips in half while zooming AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone else come across this issue: when zooming in (typically in elevations/sections/details) the image breaks in half and spreads further and further apart when zooming. We have 6 newer mactel machines running dual lcd monitors/10.5.5 OS/both nvidia and ati graphic cards (from apple)

Here is an image of the problem showing in plan, which is not typical.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/raging_raven/IMG_1613-1.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
That's a new one to me. It is Apple/ATI/nVidia and not likely Graphisoft, in any case.

You say 10.5.5

Try downloading 10.5.6 and see if that update helps, as it is supposed to include some graphics fixes.

(Since you have multiple machines, I suppose you know that you can download the update file once from:
http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10-5-6_Update
and then install on each machine. Best to repair permissions before running the update either via Disk Utility, or with a utility such as Onyx.)

You don't say which version of AC you are running. If it is 12, then go to Options > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options and try sliding 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration to the 'Off' position. Is Memory Usage in the 'High' position?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, thanks for the advice. It is AC12, with all the current updates. And also, one machine has been running 10.5.6, which changed nothing. The advanced redraw options are all as you have suggested as well. I want to blame leopard, which has been nothing but a headache for us, but I don't have anything concrete to base that on.
Happy Holidays
Karl Ottenstein
Another thing to try is to move the problematic window to the primary monitor, in case it is on the secondary one at the moment. Just a punt here, but there was a problem with 10 or 11 (cannot remember which) not displaying the print dialog properly if the active AC window was on the secondary monitor ... so who knows...worth a try...

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!