BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

open GL problem!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I have problem with open GL in 3d window, it's black! 😕
The 3d window in archicad goes black when i press F5. I can only see the objects when i move and rotate the screen. I can't model in 3d wondow. I've tried to change some open Gl settings but nothing happens.
Please help..
Thanks.
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
Than update the driver of your graphics card, and sometimes an update of quicktime might help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the posts!

my pc:

2gb of ram
3.4ghz dual core
512mb graphic card (i have update it to the latest version)

i do not think this is the problem
i will try to download the newest version of quicktime and see what happens
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok.. i downloaded and installed the latest version of quicktime, and nothing happens.. the 3d window is still black..

i'm breaking my head figuring this out..

i've also tried to remove the graphic drivers, installed it again, didn't work. then update it, still nothing..

aby more ideas guys?

thanks
Barry Kelly
What model graphics card do you have?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ati asus ah3450 512mb
andrewzarb
Booster
I think that updating the graphic card drivers would be much more beneficial than a quicktime update as it's the graphic card and the drivers that generate your OpenGL view.

Does the same thing happen with small models or on different projects?
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the reply..
my drivers are already up to date. there are no latest updates for my graphic card. 3d window is black what ever project i open or even when i create new project.. i do not have problems with any other opengl application..
andrewzarb
Booster
This may seem strange advice but sometimes problems are introduced with driver updates, as they fix one bug another one becomes evident.

Some cards will have older drivers which you can find on the manufacturer's website. If you've tried everything else it may be worth trying.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have reinstalled drivers, install them again again, removed them then put older ones i got on cd with graphic card...etc... i also find some fix for new drivers, tried them out, still nothing.. i also updated opengl..same thing happens.. i really have no ides what else to try.. i've tried also the older version of archicad, and same thing happens! maybe is there some fix for open gl or something..?
Learn and get certified!