cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

PLA file, PLN file or Teamwork TravelPack or ???

rob2218
Enthusiast
Well, we have a teamwork file.
we are on Archicad 14 with the BIM server.
we are presenting on Monday (yes, this monday coming up) to the local Board of approvals.

What would be the best way to "copy" the teamwork model (it contains various other TW hotlinked modules, views etc... linked into it in our office) so that one of our users can take the copy and use it on a laptop and present?

We are in the process of setting up a BIM server remote connection (I need major help with that) so if anyone here locally in DC is able to assist I'd greatly appreciate it.
Please send me a private message with regards to your assistance in this matter.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
13 REPLIES 13
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Laszlo.
We are having our MacMedics tech guy come in and make sure our modem, router and server settings are correct to allow for the PORT FORWARDING to occur. I just wanna make sure it's right.

it's a bit more (ahem) involved than what I'm able to do myself.
I've already contact GS here in the US and they've offered to help us make sure the numbers, parameters, router settings etc...are correct on the BIM server program but I need to fully understand how our own office's setup is and right now I'm a bit unclear as to where and how information is coming into our office via the cable modem, static IP, external IP address, internal IP address, router settings, etc.....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
rob2218 wrote:
GREAT!
then all's I have to is a "SAVEAS" PLA file and that's it.
We can take the TW database as a file onto the laptop along with all the other hotlinked TW databases knowing that it wont be connected to any server.
Along with all the other hotlinked TW databases? If you mean taking EXST BLDG & EXST SITE, then no. You only need the NEW BLDG pla and that's it.

Instead of having your tech guy punch holes in your firewall for TW Access, you may want to consider using VPN software. You fire that up on your remote client to establish a completely secure connection to your BIM Server, then fire up ArchiCAD which uses that tunnel to access the TW projects.

This is an option mentioned in the wiki, and one we use very successfully. On some of our small projects we have even used a wireless broadband connection to join and send & receive.

For the most part, it does exactly what you would have seen in he webinar. It just takes good (IT) setup, and disaster revovery/backup management.

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Link.
well, we'd like to have a VPN network. thing is that we really don't have a 'full-time' i.t.' tech guy inhouse so there really isn't anyone here (in-house) to do this stuff full time.

We need to do it ourselves and well, I'm it for now. So...if punching holes in a firewall with "port forwarding" is what it'll take...then so be it.

Yes, VPN is what we'd ultimately like.....but I have no idea what's involved in getting it setup.

I'm just getting used to the whole modem, router, external i.p. address, internal i.p. address myself......so you can see my dilemma.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well sometimes you just gotta do whatever you can with the resources you've got. Even big firms can't escape that!

Who knows, perhaps on mac, your less susceptible to attack? Good luck.

Cheers,
Link.