Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Release all when closing Teamwork File

Patrick M
Advisor

Am I completely missing something, or is this a big nothing setting in the work environment? I have it checked, everyone I know has it checked. Everyone still deals with latent users (not in the file, but with inactive connections) retaining reservations after they have closed.
Is this a feature that only works for full BIMcloud, not BIMcloud basic? Or is it just a dummy box that was never fully developed?

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 3.34.22 PM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

I don't use teamwork, but is the clue in the wording?

It is not release all when you close a teamwork file.

It is release all when you send changes and close the file.

So is there a 'send and close' command that you use to close the file?

Rather than possibly sending the changes and then just closing the file.

There may be a difference.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
scottjm
Advisor

We experience the same thing. We have that setting on all our workspaces but someone people every so often manage to close without releasing all

I’ve worked out if you hit Ctrl+S and then close Archicad it does not give you the ‘do you want to Send/receive and Release All’ dialogue and Archicad just closes cause it thinks there are no unsaved changes. 
That setting only changes the default option to Send/Receive and Release All dialouge, not actually automatically do the release all, so the user still has the option to just S/R and not release all. 

My wish is: with that setting on, always make the Release All dialogue come up. 

We make a big deal in our office about people remembering not to forget to Release All and the impact it has on everyone else to they do forget. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

that would mean we are closing/quitting without sending changes, and only hitting send changes when prompted with the "you will lose your work if you don't" warning.
maybe thats what it is, but I'm never going to tell users to close before sending changes. That'd be like telling someon on a pln to close without sending and only send when prompted at closing. I have personally lost work because I absentmindedly hit 'close without saving'. Always save/send THEN close.
If the release only works when you close the incorrect way, then it doesnt work.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

I see; so it's a nonsense setting that benefits almost no one... bummer

How about a wishlist item to make this thing work as it should?

I think it still comes up if you send/recieve and then close (I’d have to check). 

the number of users in our office who forgot to release all definitely did decrease significantly since we introduced that setting, but I agree it needs adjustment to work every time as the setting name suggests it should. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
Barry Kelly

If the Work Environment is set to 'Release all' and it is not working, there seems to be another way of doing it.

BarryKelly_0-1716620802134.png

Don't set the Work Environment to 'release all'.

Then next to the 'send & save' button will be a small arrow that will give you the option to 'send & save and release all'.

Then I assume you would have to close the file close.

Of course the 'release all when closing teamwork with send changes' should do as it says.

But it seems to me there should then be a command to 'send changes and close', which there doesn't seem to be?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11