BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Stopping Manager and server during backup to cloud solution

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I'm trying to understand if you have to stop the Manager and/or the server when performing backup of the following folders: Projects and Libraries.

We have a cloud solution that does automatic backup of our project folder and Library folder, but reading the BIM server 19 and BIM server 21 backup guide, they say that when you copy the following folders, you will have to stop the server:

Attachments
- Config
- Mailboxes
- Projects
- Sessions

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

You must stop the Manager and the Server to run any kind of 3rd party application for backup. It is necessary to prevent that any of the databases are not synced with each other - which can cause future trouble.

I recommend you to follow our backup guides, since it has examples and detailed explanation about the workflow.

Kind regards,
Noemi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

You must stop the Manager and the Server to run any kind of 3rd party application for backup. It is necessary to prevent that any of the databases are not synced with each other - which can cause future trouble.

I recommend you to follow our backup guides, since it has examples and detailed explanation about the workflow.

Kind regards,
Noemi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a log file where I can check if I have successfully managed to stop and start the Manager service?
Without the obvious "Tray icon".
Learn and get certified!