Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

The new BIMCloud and AC 23 vs 24

4hotshoes
Advisor
I see the value of the new BIM Cloud features. I assume that all features will also be available to AC23 users? I would love to store other file types. But can some on confirm what is and is not available to AC 23 users.

Since the new features of AC24 are not significant nor all that helpful to our firm; and the economy is not that strong, we cannot afford to upgrade at this time.

Thanks
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Placing any type of files directly from BIMcloud is a feature of Archicad 24, and will not be able to do in Archicad 23 and older. Saving publishing MOD / PDF / JPG / etc. to BIMcloud from Archicad directly is the same - available only from Archicad 24.

Uploading and storing files on BIMcloud is available from BIMcloud 2020.2 for paid customers. File upload can happen from the BIMcloud Manager web UI - there it doesn't matter what kind of Archicad a customer has.

So in your case: if you have a paid version of BIMcloud 2020.2, you can upload any type of files from the Manager web UI, but you cannot use them directly in Archicad 23, and also you cannot save any other project type to BIMcloud than a shared Teamwork project from Archicad 23.

To be able to fully utilize BIMcloud 2020.2's new file server feature, you need to have Archicad 24.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi,

Unfortunately these new features cannot be migrated back to Archicad 23 and older. From BIMcloud point of view it is independent from Archicad (if it is not a BIMcloud Basic, of course!), but I guess it would not help you out if you can store your files on BIMcloud, but cannot access them directly from Archicad.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

4hotshoes
Advisor
nbalogh wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately these new features cannot be migrated back to Archicad 23 and older. From BIMcloud point of view it is independent from Archicad (if it is not a BIMcloud Basic, of course!), but I guess it would not help you out if you can store your files on BIMcloud, but cannot access them directly from Archicad.

Kind regards,
I am not sure that I am understanding you correctly. I can upgrade to the new BIM Cloud, but it will do me no good for AC 23? You are saying that none of the new BIM Cloud features are useful to AC23. Right?

This means that if I do upgrade to the new BIM Cloud XX (not sure if it has a version number), I could save an Archive file or a Module file from AC 23, but I would never be able to open them or use them for AC23?

Can I store PDF's and JPG's and DWG's that pertain to the project? But they will be useless to me without AC24?

This information does not seem clear at all on the website. Can you help me understand each of these things?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Placing any type of files directly from BIMcloud is a feature of Archicad 24, and will not be able to do in Archicad 23 and older. Saving publishing MOD / PDF / JPG / etc. to BIMcloud from Archicad directly is the same - available only from Archicad 24.

Uploading and storing files on BIMcloud is available from BIMcloud 2020.2 for paid customers. File upload can happen from the BIMcloud Manager web UI - there it doesn't matter what kind of Archicad a customer has.

So in your case: if you have a paid version of BIMcloud 2020.2, you can upload any type of files from the Manager web UI, but you cannot use them directly in Archicad 23, and also you cannot save any other project type to BIMcloud than a shared Teamwork project from Archicad 23.

To be able to fully utilize BIMcloud 2020.2's new file server feature, you need to have Archicad 24.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

4hotshoes
Advisor
Is there a web page that explains the new features of file handling as you explained to me? I heard this from you, because I asked and from the live online presentation revealing of AC24 with the new BIM Cloud. But I have not found a page that explains what file types will be stored on BIM Cloud. The page needs to be clear how these new features only work with AC24. The only explanations that I can find on BIM Cloud are vague and too brief. There should be a feature list with a comparison of the old and new, paid and free, with explanations on what each listed feature does. It feels like Graphisoft is assuming that we all know how cloud storage works. While It is more common now days, there are many business owners out there that have to make informed decisions, but have not come to understand how this feature could be useful. Why should they buy in this uncertain times? How are the new AC 24 and BIM Cloud 2020.2 integrated in a way that will save them time and money? Where is the price for this service? Does it need to be hidden?

Thank you for your answers.
Todd Oeftger