cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Windows on two story wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I don't know if is a bug or I am doing some thing wrong.

On one workstation the window appears on the second floor where it supposed to be and on other workstation the same window shows on the first floor.

How is this possible, any suggestions?

Thank you
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't mean to make 3 posts in a row - but I wanted to mention a different circumstance that may be similar to this issue.

I had a two-story wall with windows anchored by Sill to Story 1 and Story 2 in a solo .pln model. I copied the wall to clipboard, opened a new instance of ArchiCAD with the same story settings, and pasted the wall (from and to Story 1 at both files). The windows with the Sill to Story 2 were relocated to Story 1 and maintained the sill distance.

It was a small model so I just selected the windows and changed the Story back to 2 but is that expected with copying/pasting to clipboard? What's interesting is that it's similar to this issue but neither one of the two solo .pln files involved had been shared or saved from TeamWork.

Thought I'd mention it and I'm curious if this happens to other users also with solo .pln files.
anyari
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

We have found two bugs about moving doors/windows recently (both mentioned in this AC-Talk topic).

1. Copy/paste:
If the story parameter of 'sill to story' is set to another story (not home story of the wall) then Doors/Windows will relocate themselves vertically after copy/pasting the wall.
In this case, doors/windows move to the story which was last opened in the Navigator.
Workaround: 'Drag a copy' works, or 'Sill to story' should be changed to 'Sill to Wallbase'.

2. Teamwork:
Reproducing steps:
If someone creates a D/W and sets the story parameter of 'sill to story' to another story (not home story of the wall), releases the wall, and someone else modifies anything on the D/W, sends, then everyone else who receives will observe that the D/W relocates itself vertically.
In this case, doors/windows move to the home story of the wall.
If the problem appeared, the perfect solution is to do a Send, and then 'Reload Project from Server', and there won't be any data lost.
This bug is scheduled to be fixed in Hotfix #3.

Both issues are relevant if someone uses multistory walls.
Best regards,
Attila Nyari
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the confirmation that this bug has been found, reproduced, and included in the next Hotfix. Appreciate your time in posting here!