Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

server showing up as "offline"

Dave Brach
Expert
I travel a bit and often have to access my bimserver from remote locations. Very often, I can connect to the internet fine, and my Virtual Private Network shows that I am connected, Archicad tells me that I am that my sever is "offline". What's up? What does "offline" mean exactly" when I know that I am connected to my network?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
11 REPLIES 11
Dave Brach
Expert
I am still occasionally having this issue. At the moment I can open some files from the server and be "online" and when I open a different file I am "offline". I am not sure what a "less reliable" network is, but my server is now connected to my business class internet at my office and I am trying to access it from home. Seems like a simple task, but alas, I am not able to work. Would be nice to have a solution to this.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Dave Brach
Expert
Even when online, I have a problem in the "get content" phase. I sat waiting for about 10 minutes downloading data with no results. I thought maybe the file size was too large, so I tried the smallest file on my server (25mb) and I got the message "error happened when connecting to project". Accessing files works fine when I am sitting next to the server machine at the office, but remote access is currently non-existent for me.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura