BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis Lawn Objects

Dwight
Newcomer
Archicad users frustrated with the indoor/outdoor carpet-like qualities of LightWorks lawn might enjoy the free ArchiRadar grass objects in their Artlantis models.

Even though the individual objects are small, it is quick enough to array an entire lawn with a variety of trimmed and wild grasses.

archiradar grass.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
16 REPLIES 16
Dwight
Newcomer
I found a reasonable compromise with the Dosch Design Shader with Bump turned way up.

"Natural 01"
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks very good, except for the lines where the grass meets the walls.
If that line is far away enough, then it should be a winner.
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
I found a reasonable compromise with the Dosch Design Shader with Bump turned way up.

"Natural 01"
For me, the bump (and several other controls) are disabled for the Dosch Natural 01...which I don't understand ... the media folder clearly has the bump image defined. (Same problem with all of the ground shaders.)

I've tried reloading in various ways, and still no bump control. Any ideas short of redefining a custom shader with the Dosch images?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Thanks for mentioning that.

I have been using it for so long altered, that i forgot.

Take the locked Dosch Shader and apply as a material.

Right-Click on the new material and "Create Shader from" - You get the new dialog.

When you save the shader with a new name, the Bump Slider will be active and then you exaggerate the bump.

Yiggi diggi do.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
Take the locked Dosch Shader and apply as a material.

Right-Click on the new material and "Create Shader from" - You get the new dialog.

When you save the shader with a new name, the Bump Slider will be active and then you exaggerate the bump.

Yiggi diggi do.
Works. Thanks, Dwight. Ends up duplicating the big jpg files, and the shader naming doesn't work properly, so something for Abvent. (There are other bugs in the Dosch objects that I reported during beta.) So, we can each re-save everything and clean up the folders in order to work - but I think Abvent should post for download a set of replacement "xsh" files that work properly without futzing.

But, hey, at least Artlantis 2+ has the define shader command. 😉

Thanks,
Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

I just talked with Georges. He will have a look at the shaders.

Sjaak
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Sjaak. Saved me typing up a report. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
Learn and get certified!