Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cameras in AC 11

Karl Barker
Contributor
I seemed to have a bug (un-documented feature) yesterday.
I tried to copy and paste some cameras from one AC11 file to another.
The two files were actually the same, only one was a backup as the main file had lost (?) its cameras.
When I tried to paset the selected cameras into the newer file, the marque showed only as big as if I had only pasted one hotspot.
The cameras did not show anywhere.
In the camera settings dialogue there were no other cameras either.
However after trying to paste my four cameras a couple of times I then went to the project map and found that I now had 20 camers.

I am confused, has anyone else had a similar problem?

Cheers,
Karl.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Karl wrote:
I am confused, has anyone else had a similar problem?
Hi Karl B,

I suspect you have simply run into an oddity concerning visibility of cameras that dates back many years, as this tool has not changed in quite some time.

If you open the Camera/VR Settings palette (double click the Camera Tool, for example) - you'll notice that this is a non-dockable palette (modeless dialog) unlike all other tool settting dialogs (modal - have to OK out of them to continue).

At the top of the dialog, there is a drop-down list to choose the path to be displayed - and onto which new cameras will be placed. Only cameras on the selected path will be visible in plan. One would think that there would be an view option for this, like all other things, but it is actually controlled in this panel for cameras.

My guess is that if you look at your path drop-down, you'll find that you have 6 paths - 5 of which each have 4 copied cameras and the 6th, being used, has no cameras and thus you see nothing on screen.

Maybe??

Karl O.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
The hint was that he's hidden his cameras from the getgo. "disappeared"
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Barker
Contributor
Well, I am a naughty boy.
I forgot the number one piece of advice for any IT guy. RESTART!!

I just tried to replicate the same issue and it all worked fine.

Perhaps it was to do with the graphics going funny.
I have been finding that the pointer settings have been disappearing now and then in projects.
IE the mercedes curser and the tick that disappear and only come back when I restart ArchiCAD.

I checked Dwights suggestion, but all cameras and path were showing.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)