Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can't change speed in Explore Mode

alexliz
Participant
I recently started using the Explore mode, so bear with me.

I like it that I can press Shift and speed things up, but I also notice the speed slider at the lower left of the window. Trouble is, I can't use the mouse to move the slider (obviously, since any move the mouse makes translates in the model being shifted while in Explore Mode), and pressing the "=/+" key has no effect on the speed slider. I am thinking that maybe I need to enter the actual "+" character, not the "=" which is produced when only one key (the "=/+") is pressed, but if I press the Shift key it translates in the 'Fast' option while in Explore. You get my drift?

So, how do I change the keyboard shortcut for Faster/Slower? I've looked in Shortcuts in Work Environment, but couldn't locate anything more that the actual Explore mode shortcut.

I am on a Powerbook, hence no extended keyboard with a separate key for '+' or '-'.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try using your < and > keys.

This is stated in the 3D Explore information dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
alexliz
Participant
Thanks Link, I had just realized a moment before receiving your reply.

I had checked the 'Do not show this information next time' box and so I had to remove my prefs files to force ArchiCAD to show me again what the shortcuts were (I couldn't remember the second set of keys i.e. '<' and '>').

BTW, isn't there an option within ArchiCAD to do just that? Isn't there a check box in some Work Environment/Preferences window that re-activates all these warning/info boxes, such as Change the background color when importing a DWG file, or Warning that certain elements have been pasted on other stories when merging files etc. _after_ the user has opted to not see them again in the future?

Or do I have to remove my prefs files, just like I did in this case?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not really. To activate the 3D Explore information dialog you can edit your registry. A Maccer is going to have to give you Mac instructions if you can't figure it out on your own.

On a PC we go to Start> Run> Regedit> My Computer> HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Graphisoft> ArchiCAD (Ver)> 3D Navigation> ExploreModelUsage and set it to 0.

Always use caution/back up when editing registry.

Cheers,
Link.
alexliz
Participant
Thanks again.

Pity. I'll be OK fiddling with my com.graphisoft.archicad10.plist files etc. but I can't imagine the average user will.

I think for future versions perhaps they could implement such a switch somewhere in the 'More Options' section of 'User Preference Schemes' in Work Environment.
Alex Zachopoulos

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You'd think so - instead they are taking them out!

Cheers,
Link.