Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Can't change speed in Explore Mode

alexliz
Participant
I recently started using the Explore mode, so bear with me.

I like it that I can press Shift and speed things up, but I also notice the speed slider at the lower left of the window. Trouble is, I can't use the mouse to move the slider (obviously, since any move the mouse makes translates in the model being shifted while in Explore Mode), and pressing the "=/+" key has no effect on the speed slider. I am thinking that maybe I need to enter the actual "+" character, not the "=" which is produced when only one key (the "=/+") is pressed, but if I press the Shift key it translates in the 'Fast' option while in Explore. You get my drift?

So, how do I change the keyboard shortcut for Faster/Slower? I've looked in Shortcuts in Work Environment, but couldn't locate anything more that the actual Explore mode shortcut.

I am on a Powerbook, hence no extended keyboard with a separate key for '+' or '-'.
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try using your < and > keys.

This is stated in the 3D Explore information dialog.

Cheers,
Link.
alexliz
Participant
Thanks Link, I had just realized a moment before receiving your reply.

I had checked the 'Do not show this information next time' box and so I had to remove my prefs files to force ArchiCAD to show me again what the shortcuts were (I couldn't remember the second set of keys i.e. '<' and '>').

BTW, isn't there an option within ArchiCAD to do just that? Isn't there a check box in some Work Environment/Preferences window that re-activates all these warning/info boxes, such as Change the background color when importing a DWG file, or Warning that certain elements have been pasted on other stories when merging files etc. _after_ the user has opted to not see them again in the future?

Or do I have to remove my prefs files, just like I did in this case?
Alex Zachopoulos

MacBook Pro 17" 2.4GHz, MacOS X 10.5.6, ArchiCAD 11 & 12, WinXP, Vista (well, not really Vista...)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not really. To activate the 3D Explore information dialog you can edit your registry. A Maccer is going to have to give you Mac instructions if you can't figure it out on your own.

On a PC we go to Start> Run> Regedit> My Computer> HKEY_CURRENT_USER> Software> Graphisoft> ArchiCAD (Ver)> 3D Navigation> ExploreModelUsage and set it to 0.

Always use caution/back up when editing registry.

Cheers,
Link.
alexliz
Participant
Thanks again.

Pity. I'll be OK fiddling with my com.graphisoft.archicad10.plist files etc. but I can't imagine the average user will.

I think for future versions perhaps they could implement such a switch somewhere in the 'More Options' section of 'User Preference Schemes' in Work Environment.
Alex Zachopoulos

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You'd think so - instead they are taking them out!

Cheers,
Link.