Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

QuickTime troubles from MAC to PC

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not been able to get QuickTime movies created on a Mac (OS 10.3.9) in ArchiCAD 9 to be recognized on a Windows 98 machine with QT 6.5.2. I get the error "Couldn't open the file "FILENAME.mov" because it is not a file that QuickTime understands."

I've been using the default settings in ArchiCAD rendering as a QuickTime movie(millions of colors) with the "Animation" compression, but have also tried Sorenson, Cinepak and MPEG-4 compression settings with no success.

Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Seth wrote:
I have not been able to get QuickTime movies created on a Mac (OS 10.3.9) in ArchiCAD 9 to be recognized on a Windows 98 machine with QT 6.5.2. I get the error "Couldn't open the file "FILENAME.mov" because it is not a file that QuickTime understands."

I've been using the default settings in ArchiCAD rendering as a QuickTime movie(millions of colors) with the "Animation" compression, but have also tried Sorenson, Cinepak and MPEG-4 compression settings with no success.

Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Quicktime 7 is now available on the mac platform, have you tried that? There is also a public preview/beta of Qt7 for M$ Windoze on their webpage.

You didn't leave a whole lot of details.
-What resolution are you rendering your flythroughs?
-What proc/speed are the PCs have you been running said files on?