Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

best way to achieve best renderings with Archicad 3d models?

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way/application/plugin to render the Archicad 3d models?

Now, I know that some of you may say that Artlantis or LightWorks rendering engine at Archicad are quite good, but I have definitively seen better ones. Like the Vray 2.0 at 3d Studio Max 2011 for example.

So what is the best way to achieve the best renderings with Archicad 3d models?

Thank you for the reply.
11 REPLIES 11
NURBS - Non-uniform rational B-spline

NURBS modeling may look better in a rendering than an ArchiCAD model of the same thing because of how much smoother the curves can be. If your model has no complex curvilinear shapes then it may not be noticeable.

Beveling the edges of things is one of the noticeble things you can do to imporve a photorealistic rendeing. This is not an easy thing to do with an ArchiCAD model. Not so hard to do with the nurbs modelers. Rendeing engines like Maxwell can take care of that. Rendeing engines that can work with displacement maps will help you turn your work in to art.

And then there is the post rendering work. Some people are so skilled with this craft that they can take even a crude rendeing and make it look like it spent all day at a render farm.

on another topic. Have you see the new autograss from vray?
http://www.vray.com/autograss/media/autograss_for_vray_2.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the reply.
and no, I did not see the new vray autograss, but it looks amazing!

thanks once again.