BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

mesh settings for Sketch Render

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am trying to do a sketch render and an object imported from Rhino is showing some of the mesh lines when I render.

Does anybody know how to resolve this?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I mostly see a lot of shadow lines, those you can turn off easily in the render settings.

To hide any unwanted edges, you'll either have to convert it to morph and manually set these to hidden or change the status codes accordingly in the GDL script of the object.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erwin wrote:
I mostly see a lot of shadow lines, those you can turn off easily in the render settings.

To hide any unwanted edges, you'll either have to convert it to morph and manually set these to hidden or change the status codes accordingly in the GDL script of the object.

Thanks for the response Erwin. I have tried the morph option but with no luck. Is the GDL script option easy or Advanced because i am new to Archicad

Thanks Again

Jacob
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Sorry for the late reply, I have been away on holiday.

GDL is not for the novice user.

Look at some of the (older) morph tutorial videos on the ArchiCAD youtube channel (link at top of the page) and you should be able to find out and learn how to effectively hide the edges you want hidden.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!