Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Our Community
Ask questions about this community, the platform, and any technical questions.

Forum: Delete Post

Lingwisyer
Guru

Any reason for this forum to not allow users to delete their posts?

Rely to a thread, realise that it is not asking what you thought it was asking, now a contributor to clutter or going off topic...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Hi Ling,

If you click on the options (3 little buttons) for the post, do you see a delete option?

Or is it only us moderators that have this?

As a moderator I don't see exactly what you see, so I don't know.

At worst you can edit and replace your reply with nothing or change it to "Please Delete" and one of the moderators will take care of it.

BarryKelly_0-1631674140165.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Appears to be Moderator only...

delete-less.jpg

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Lingwisyer,

Reason is that if you delete posts it has an effect on ranking and badges, and in case of an incidental deletion (where you may want your post back) it is not possible to restore any deleted posts, so the system does not allow by default to do this.

Due to the same reasons, moderators should not delete anything as well, but they can still take care of such cases if you edit your original post and leave a message for them.

Noémi

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

mi_jan
Enthusiast

So having ranking/badges takes precedence over proper forum etiquette? I think I prefer being able to delete my own posts knowing that it will reduce my ranking/badges, than having ranking/badges in the first place. 

Isn't the main purpose of this new and "improved" forum to help the Archicad user community reach the proper information all in one place? Having to sift through a lot more information that might have been off-topic/accidental like @Lingwisyer  said, just because of how it affects the rankings seems a little absurd to me. Other platforms that have post-based rankings like Reddit manage this without a problem.

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build