BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Saving as .tpl should not stay open. Return to .pln

Hi,

We have created a template which is saved as a .pln, this is the master file. We then save a copy as a .tpl on a central server which everyone uses to create new Archicad documents from. When saving from the .pln master file as a .tpl the .tpl version remains open and closes down the .pln version. This should not be the case and is only apparent by looking at the window title (on Mac). The .tpl file should be saved out and the .pln version remain open.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

Just got caught with this today. Done all my template development, saved it out and started work thinking the TPL was my PLN. I think one of the reasons I missed it is the file name is slow to update and I had assumed just like the Archive save option the PLN would remain active. Luckily spotted before too many project specific changes were made.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I've also noticed that the window title doesn't update until you change tab. We save our template file out with a Master Layout open as default which contains a series of instructions of how to set up the file as a new project. If you save the .tpl whilst in the floor plan window and don't change to any other window you will not notice the change to the file type as the window title won't update initially.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Learn and get certified!