BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Ability to select a fill by selecting the text.

It would be great if it were possible to select a fill by simply selecting its associated text (area text). We often use fills to demonstrate areas for leases or occupier information and quite often they overlap. It's time consuming to tab through the fills to select the correct one. It would help if the fill associated with the text would flash and highlight when the text is selected in the same way the text flashes and highlights when its associated fill is selected.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

@Lee Hankins wrote:

It would help if the fill associated with the text would flash and highlight when the text is selected in the same way the text flashes and highlights when its associated fill is selected.

That must be a 'MAC' thing as it doesn't happen on Windows - at least not for me.

However, if I don't actually select the text, just wait for it to highlight (or instantly highlight if selecting by using the SHIFT button), the text highlights blue and so does the associated fill.

You still can't select the fill (not even with TAB), but at least you can see which one you need to select.

I can't show a screen shot as my screen capture turns the highlight off.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!