Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Archicad Update Build Numbering Makes it Difficult to Remote Manage Mac Books

Mark Hensler
Booster

Hello,
I wanted to make a suggestion to the team that numbers the updates for archicad.  Our studio uses a mobile device manager called Addigy to install software and deploy updates.  An issue I have been running into lately is the inability to tell the software if the version of Archicad installed is newer or older than the update that is being pushed out.  This is because the version number of Archicad is set in parentheses and does not appear to be read as the version number of a typical macOS app. (ie: Version of Archicad: 26.0.0 v1 USA (5003)). The MDM service appears to only be able to compare the "26.0.0" as the app version and cannot tell the difference between version 26.0.0 v1 (5003) and 26.0.0 v1 (4024).

I am sure that there are many good reasons for this naming convention on Graphisoft's end.  As a user, I would like to request that the primary 26.0.0 id be varied between versions so I can direct the MDM service on which app is newer.  Since 5003 is the 3rd revision to the 1st release of ac 26, I think something like 26.1.3 (5003) would work.

Thank you. 

0 REPLIES 0