Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

BEhaving of Intersection – Walls and Beams

snow
Rockstar

Hello to all!

First, I want to post this image... and you can guess what's the different between lift and right there:

snow_0-1648038037627.png

Yes, left I use walls, right there a beams – they intersect basically differently.

In many situations it is necessary that that beams join like walls... such joinings are much more common than bisecting ones.

O.k. in some cases it was posibble to use walls instead of beams.. to get this joinigs... but only in some... and the main missing feature is, that with walls you can have no seperator with the topview.

snow_1-1648038569280.png

If we were able to control the kind of intersection, we could do so much more, where we have currently to use 2d-elemnts or 3D-Views.

And maybe with such feature it was easier to handle intersections between angled (and turned) beams.... like here.

snow_2-1648038839962.png

The intersection of vertically and sloped walls (yes of course, they can't have different height on start and end...) shows that there is "more"possible

snow_3-1648039001549.png

And the last for now:
If it was possible to have beveled ends for beams also in the xy-plain we could control such joinings manually..
... and for automatic intersection it was helpful to set the priority not just for the whole element, but for the ends... and even better for the end of every skin.

Archicad For Future F R E E D O M for-COLORS

archicad versions 8-27 | mac os 13 | win 10
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the idea, we truly appreciate the time you've taken to contribute towards the development of the software!

I'm glad to say that we took notice and we have added this wish to our Wishlist database.
(For future reference, you can refer to it as IDEA-11923)

I hope we see this get implemented in the future.
Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT