cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Cover & Background Fills for Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
Beams should have Cover Fills and Background Fills!
There should be different fills for Cover Fill and Cut Fill, like Slabs, and not like Walls, where the fill is the same!

Right now I am modelling a pergola and I have to use the Fill Tool to cover the beam so it could be clear which one is above the other. I lost as much time drawing the Fills as making the Beams!

beam fill.jpg
69 REPLIES 69
Geof Gainer
Booster
This thread is more than seven years old. Version 18 here, still no beam cover fill. Vote on this:

There's no beam fill because…
A. GS is a great company that just hasn't gotten around to a few simple fixes.
B. GS is an evil genius that's holding off on a few fixes so we'll keep buying the upgrades.
C. There's actually a genuine technical reason that beams can't have a cover fill.
D. I actually died a while back, woke up in what I haven't realized is hell, and beams still don't have a cover fill as some sort of cruel punishment.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Anonymous
Not applicable
another year, another vote for beam's cover fill

-John
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is ridiculous Graphisoft.

How many years has this request been out there and not even one reply from you, let alone a fix to this fairly painful tool.

COVER FILLS PLEASE!!!
luciant
Newcomer
Graphisoft,
If enabling beams with cover fill ability is technically impossible please let us know so we can simply accept it and move on. Thanks.
IMac OS X 10.13.5
4 core Intel 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram,
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Archicad 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Coming up to 9 years since the first post of this simple, fundamental, request (April 2007).

This one slows me down (still) for EVERY SINGLE PROJECT.
I think the biggest single reason it's important (as mentioned by other commenters) is because of the usefulness of sloped beams with complex profiles for many purposes other than actual beams. Street kerbs, raked mouldings, etc.
Using a morph won't be the same until you can associate a morph with a complex profile and have all the morphs automatically update everywhere when that profile is changed.
(Do that, and I won't complain about the beam tool so much!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

anyone knows news about that topic ?

beam with fill would make a lot easier also in our modeling methods!

bump!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still not fixed in 20!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since Complex Profiles can be applied to Walls, I am now using walls when I do not need to to use the angled functions of the beam tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
2007 was when this thread was started, and still no fill? I saw that making a morph for a beam, since those have fill capabilities. Nothing for the beam yet? Please GS throw this thread a bone and make it happen
Stress Co_
Advisor
+118
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)