Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

File Name Display When Opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has probably been requested before but it would be really good if it was possible to see more of the file name and location when asked to open a recent project when the start up dialogue box comes up. At the moment my display only gets to "owner/my documents/file#/2008/.....". This is no help. The important bit comes after this information.

Or is it possible to already adjust the amount viewed?

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Erich
Contributor
Graeme,

In my WE I have a tool bar that does just what you are looking for. Have you tried that yet?

Edit: Actually, I don't get location at all - only the full file name.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich,

I had a look in WE (work environment?) and couldn't find an adjustment to the file length. Can you please advise the location of the adjustment?

I attach a copy of my file dialogue box that appears on opening. It is hard to see what file is what.

Thanks,
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Graeme wrote:
/...... It is hard to see what file is what.,
Graeme, can you not stretch the window to show more?
Picture 2.png
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
D'OH

That has been bothering me for years and it is so simple!!!

Thanks Rod.
Erich
Contributor
Graeme,

I actually don't even leave my work space to go to a recent file, unless I need to open a second copy of AC. I just use the tool bar as shown in the attached image. This is faster than going to a menu, then possibly stretching the resultant dialogue, and selecting the file I want.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K