cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.
SOLVED!

How do I get rid of the Circle guide when pressing Q?

AlexKW
Contributor

Good day everyone!

How can I get rid of the circle guide that appears when I extend a wall for example to a perpedicular point somewhere else? Its very annoying because the cursor can snap to the circle and thus further from the point I wanted by a tiny amount and I really have no use for it. 

AlexKW_0-1707815989552.png

SVP Architectuur & Stedenbouw
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

AFAIK that is not possible.

The way I work, I usually press and hold "Shift" to constrain to "horizontal" and then snap to one of the corners instead of perpendicular, but I learned AC when those guides didn't exist.

When I need perpendicular I normally use the one in the Control Box which will ignore the circle

EduardoRolon_0-1707827396747.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Xandros
Expert

Hi

tool's name is Snap Guide

here's the ArchiCAD Help to this: https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F030_Interaction%2F030_Interaction-47....

Edit: If you dont want to turn the Snap Guides off: the first time you click ESC it deactivates placed snap guides (if there are any active). The second time it would cancel your element operation.

ArchiCAD 27 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Thanks for clearing up the term for me! 🙂 I still can't find an option how to get rid of the circle guide though...

Eduardo Rolon

In Work Environment you can increase the time it takes for the snap to appear:

EduardoRolon_0-1707824761280.png

My workflow is to have a shortcut to activate the snap manually when I need it and not when AC decides.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Let me rephrase my question: I do want snap perpendicular lines but not circles. Its a bit hard to see in the screenshot but what happens every time I wish to extend a wall with another point as a reference a circle appears which stands right next to the point which is actually perpendicular to the Q reference (See sketch with the problem I have zoomed in/exagerated as its hard to see in the screenshot)

AlexKW_1-1707826858386.png

AlexKW_0-1707826544957.png

Solution
Eduardo Rolon

AFAIK that is not possible.

The way I work, I usually press and hold "Shift" to constrain to "horizontal" and then snap to one of the corners instead of perpendicular, but I learned AC when those guides didn't exist.

When I need perpendicular I normally use the one in the Control Box which will ignore the circle

EduardoRolon_0-1707827396747.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator