Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

More sophisticated GDL hotspot functions / interface

scottjm
Advisor

I was just looking through the roadmap and there is very little mention of proposed new GDL functionality.

One GDL feature I would really love to see if more sophisticated hotspot and editing abilities.  Something like making the more complex pet palette functions of others tools available within a GDL object would allow for easier user interfaces of highly customisable objects that would be genuine alternatives for native tools.  

I'm thinking things like polyline functionality , adjusting curves, extending nodes etc, elevate nodes in both 2D and 3D, editing text from a node, better toggling of booleans, or ability to select drop down options from the floor plan.

Ideas for objects that could utlise these features:

- A customisable mesh tool where you could build in fixed batter angles etc

- Extrudable tube with highly customisable 3d path geometry and elbow adjustments

- Schedules where you could edit the field content from the 2D window  

Appreciate that it is possible to hack a lot of this functionality into GDL objects already, but it usually requires some pretty significant workarounds and its quite complicated to transfer these hacks/features over to other objects.

Just food for thought.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe
0 REPLIES 0