cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Plotmaker - Rulers + Guides

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I may have missed something somewhere, but there doesn't seem to be rulers that I can turn on for the page view.

Also, it would be extremely handy to have guides available (which I can lock), so just draggin from the ruler I get a guide which I can place on a master or layout page. This would make lining up stuff so much easier.

And of course placed documents would snap to these guides and the guides wouldn't print.

i use Adobe InDesign and Illustrator alot and rulers and guides are invaluable when laying out pages.

Do others need this also?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
3 REPLIES 3
Miquel Garcia
Participant
Rulers works well in DTP applications and sometimes I have desired to have it in PlotMaker (even in ArchiCAD). I don't know how difficult would be to implement that in the new developements, but I think that the ability to define visible but non-printing layers would be a useful and easy way to do it.

In ArchiCAD we use the .aux extension to define non-printing layers, but is only an internal convention and we manage it via layer sets. It would be great if we could define (with extensions or no matter how) the non-printing layers.
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Added to wishlist
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a great idea. it would be very helpful.

donald mac donald