cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Walls show on other stories

Paul King
Mentor
I would like to see walls that can be made to display on other stories, optionally with different display attributes (eg as dotted, no fill, different fill(s), different pens)

This would allow e.g. low composite walls & parapets from story below to show as outlines only on current story

Also would provide a method of creating an outline only plan as a backdrop for other graphical elements to be placed over - eg services through & along walls, beams etc - such that walls that otherwise need to display as solid filled do not mask other elements in a view set up pmarily to show those other elements , and such that switching off all fills in display options is not required to access outline only view of walls - i.e. where fills are still required for other elements.

Also would provide a method for creating demolition plans - where walls on a selected layer from a story above or below can be used to mask solid wall sections with dotted edged white filled walls - that do not interact in 3D.

Hope this makes sense - Could be quite a powerful feature!
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Also, option for different fill for wall in plan and section.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Paul wrote:
Also would provide a method of creating an outline only plan as a backdrop for other graphical elements to be placed over - eg services through & along walls, beams etc - such that walls that otherwise need to display as solid filled do not mask other elements in a view set up pmarily to show those other elements , and such that switching off all fills in display options is not required to access outline only view of walls - i.e. where fills are still required for other elements.
Paul, you know you have different display options for cut fills, drafting fills and cover fills?

And Stephen, I believe your suggestion is probably in another wish, as it has been mentioned a lot before, because it is an essential part of drafting and should be so obvious that we don't have to ask for it!!!! (That was aimed at GS, not you Stephen.)
__archiben
Booster
Paul wrote:
Hope this makes sense - Could be quite a powerful feature!
paul

it's an essential and long-standing wish that walls be developed in this fashion. along with many other obviously lacking features, but not for the reasons you state!

as s2art suggests, you should be looking at display option combinations to control most of what you want here. however, the whole 'existing', 'demolition', 'proposed' i feel requires a more dedicated solution generally across the software (by assigning <tags> maybe?), but there is no reason why it can't be achieved through layer combination and display options at present.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup