cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Editing a fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe it's just me!

But I think that, before Release 9, if you selected a fill then clicked on its edge or node points, the default option was to edit the shape of the fill. Now the Pet Palette seems to default to moving the fill.

I would guess that for most users, the number of occasions you want to edit the shape of a fill is - lots; the number of occasions you want to move a fill - practically never?

Could we have 'edit the shape' as the default?
2 REPLIES 2
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I believe that's the case with the other tools as well. (slab, roof, zone)
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
__archiben
Booster
Keith wrote:
... if you selected a fill then clicked on its edge or node points, the default option was to edit the shape of the fill. Now the Pet Palette seems to default to moving the fill.

Could we have 'edit the shape' as the default?
the default pet palette behaviour for me is that the last tool used globally becomes active unless it isn't applicable for the particular element or node-type you have clicked . . . in which case it defaults to 'move' command because it is the lowest common denominator (so to speak) and can be used with any element and any node-type that you click on . . .

if this is not the case for you i would suggest reporting it as a bug . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup