cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

slab edge tool

Rakela Raul
Participant
maybe this tool could take care of the lack of footing tool....
we use very often a thickened slab for the perimeters of slabs, i wd like to have at least that option....then you can add stem walls to it, then a footing, a recess option to set concrete blocks, etc
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
We also often use a thickened slab. Currently, to accomplish this, I use the roof tool with zero pitch, then angle the inside edge (somewhat tedious). A slab edge tool would make this alot easier. Also, a roof edge for fascia's, drip edges, etc. which has been on many peoples wish-list for some time.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Rakela Raul
Participant
is it possible to modify the 'footing 1' gsm object under the accessories lib for slabs to make a 'thickened footing'??
edge of the slab to line up with exterior face of footing and interior face of footing to have option for angle....
if possible, please dont tell me how to do it,,,,please email me object
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
A good trick for properly formed foundations is to fill under and around them with the mesh tool. For the thickened slab footings you can shape the top of of a mesh and subtract it from the bottom of the slab. For full basements subtract the footing from the the terrain model and an infill slab or mesh under the house.

I am not commenting one way or the other about the wish. I just want to point out that it is relatively easy to get well formed foundations with proper grade fill in section.
Rakela Raul
Participant
thank u mathew, will try it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD