Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

AC18 DevKits are available

Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi fellow developers,

The ArchiCAD 18 API development kits are available in the download area. Don't forget to read the New Features Guide

Good luck,

Ákos
27 REPLIES 27
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
paulk wrote:
Tibor/Ákos - are you able to provide a response to the issue above pls? I cannot release an AC18 version of my plugin without a resolution to this issue.

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul,

Are you also linking to the standard libraries?

Best, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you also linking to the standard libraries?
No, I am linking as per the AC17 settings for my project which. Libs included are:

octane.lib
kernel32.lib
user32.lib
gdi32.lib
winspool.lib
comdlg32.lib
advapi32.lib
shell32.lib
ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib
uuid.lib
odbc32.lib
odbccp32.lib

I checked the AC18 samples (Geometry_Test) and they were not linking to the default libs. My settings are attached.

Paul
Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to get it to link using INCLUDE default libraries, and then excluding stlport_vc7.lib and msvcrt.lib.

Whilst the plugin shows in the Add-On Manager, when selected, the AddOn Info box is blank, and CheckEnvironment, RegisterInterface and Initialize are not being called. So the plugin does not work until AC18.

Again, the plugin is working fine in AC14, 15, 16 an 17.

Paul
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
paulk wrote:
I managed to get it to link using INCLUDE default libraries, and then excluding stlport_vc7.lib and msvcrt.lib.

Whilst the plugin shows in the Add-On Manager, when selected, the AddOn Info box is blank, and CheckEnvironment, RegisterInterface and Initialize are not being called. So the plugin does not work until AC18.

Again, the plugin is working fine in AC14, 15, 16 an 17.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Could you please check both the AC17 and the AC18 add-on with the dependency checker? The important part is the list of exported functions, and the modules it depends on.

A trick here is to copy the add-on beside ArchiCAD, then run the dependency checker -- this way ArchiCAD's modules won't show up red in the module list.

Regards, Akos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Akos

API-MS-WIN-CORE-PRIVATEPROFILE-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-CORE-KERNEL32-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-SHUTDOWN-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL *
EXT-MS-WIN-NTUSER-UICONTEXT-EXT-L1-1-0.DLL *

are show as missing, however they also show as missing in AC17.

IESHIMS.DLL also shows as missing, and it appears in the AC17 folder, but copying that DLL into the AC18 folder did not resolve the problem.

Paul
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
paulk wrote:
Hi Akos

API-MS-WIN-CORE-PRIVATEPROFILE-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-CORE-KERNEL32-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-SHUTDOWN-L1-1-1.DLL *
API-MS-WIN-SERVICE-PRIVATE-L1-1-1.DLL *
EXT-MS-WIN-NTUSER-UICONTEXT-EXT-L1-1-0.DLL *

are show as missing, however they also show as missing in AC17.

IESHIMS.DLL also shows as missing, and it appears in the AC17 folder, but copying that DLL into the AC18 folder did not resolve the problem.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Could you please send me the current AC17 and AC18 add-on by mail (asomorjai at graphisoft dot com)? I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Best, Akos
saifudin F
Participant
hello
i've been trying to contact GS to send me the API tool but still no reply

i've sent the requested agreement PDF file as on the site from more than 1 month ago but still no reply
can any one help me
i'm trying to develop an add-on for Code compliance check with archicad

thanks in advance
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Saifudin,

Please send me the agreement PDF by mail ( tlorantfy at graphisoft dot com ), I'll help you manage this.

Regards,
Tibor
stefan
Expert
Is there any up to date page on the DevKit with e.g. system requirements (compiler versions?)

E.g. which version of Visual Studio is required on Windows?

I've tried the Xcode template today and the generated project seems to be intended to be placed in the Devkit installation folder, as the paths to the required frameworks and the header search paths use "../../Support/Frameworks"

It worked when I move the projectfolder into a subfolder of the Devkit installation folder.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Paul,

Could you please send me the current AC17 and AC18 add-on by mail (asomorjai at graphisoft dot com)? I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Best, Akos
Just seeing if there had been any progress on this issue pls. I sent these files 3 weeks ago, but no response to date.

Paul