BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Drawing Title View ID

JeffH
Enthusiast

I am trying to create a single company specific Drawing Title that meets all of our wants, and have run into a bit of a wall.

with the drawing tool, Archicad allows you to adjust the Drawing ID to be "by layout", "By View ID" & By Custom.

this appears to be using the autotext "Drawing ID"

while trying to create a this drawing title I am struggling to figure out how to differentiate the auto text so that I can have the bubble text read the specific layout while also having smaller grayscale text after the "wall section" drawing name that shows the drawing ID.

I guess I am trying to figure out how or where the view ID+Name script pulls the ID, that differentiates itself from the By Layout/By View ID/Custom toggle.

JeffH_1-1689878894064.png

Ultimately, this is what I am trying to have the Drawing Title look like, but havent be able to get the "A5" & "WS-01" to act independently from each other

JeffH_2-1689879637507.png

AC24 / AC26
Win10
2 REPLIES 2
AllanP
Advocate

you will need to change the code:

this is where it can get the layout name/layout ID

REQUEST ("HomeDB_info", "", homeDBIntId, homeDBUserId, homeDBName, homeContext)
Returns in the given variables the internal ID (integer), the user ID and name (strings) of the home database (where the library part containing
this request was placed).
• if placed on a layout: the layout internal ID, number and name, homeContext = 5.
For labels the returned data refers to the labeled element. The collected data can be used

i.e.

n = request ("HomeDB_info", "", layout_unique_ID, AC_LayoutNumber, AC_LayoutName, layout_home_context)

then you can use the fields

AC_LayoutNumber

AC_LayoutName

AllanP_0-1689895965621.png

the "AC_DrawingName" is the drawing name, this needs to be a parameter in the parameters list to work, it auto populates.

the AC_DrawingNumber" is the drawing number, this needs to be a parameter in the parameters list to work, it auto populates.

I have been using ArchiCAD continually since ArchiCAD 4.5, 4.5.5, 5, 5.1, 6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 18, 21, 22, 25, now testing 27
Member of Architalk since 2003, but missed the migration to Graphisoft.
(where have all my original posts gone?)
Lingwisyer
Guru

Given this is in the Documentation sub and the provided labels, I am assuming this is an in-the-box drawing title? If so, please provide information regarding your localisation as library parts may vary.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!