cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

Performance Issues with BIMx (Build 2024, 5910)

Takis
Expert

I am currently experiencing significant performance issues with BIMx (build 2024, 5910) on my desktop PC. Below, I have included the technical specifications of the PC where I am encountering the problems, along with the specifications of my laptop, where BIMx runs perfectly without any issues.

DELL PC System (Experiencing performance issues):

• GPU: NVIDIA RTX A4000 16GB
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
  • RAM: 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
  • System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
  • OS Edition: Windows 11 Pro
  • OS Version: 23H2

ASUS Laptop (BIMx works perfectly):

• GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
  • RAM: 16.0 GB
  • OS Edition: Windows 10 Home
  • OS Version: 22H2

To resolve the issue, I have already taken several steps:

1. I thoroughly checked my hardware and replaced the NVIDIA A4000 with a brand new one.
  2. As an additional troubleshooting measure, I swapped the A4000 for an NVIDIA 4060Ti, but unfortunately, the issue still persists.
  3. I also disabled several non-essential Windows services to free up system resources, yet the performance issue remains unresolved.

One key observation is that on my PC, the GPU usage spikes to 100% in Task Manager when rotating the model, while on my laptop, the GPU usage reaches only around 43%.

Could you please advise on what might be causing this performance disparity and suggest any further steps I might take to resolve the issue?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Kind regards,

Takis Apostolides

16 REPLIES 16

Dear Norbert, hello,

I've identified that the issue I'm experiencing is caused by the "Anti-aliasing" setting on my PC. However, I'm not entirely sure why this is happening.

Interestingly, I tested the same configuration on another PC with an NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, and it runs smoothly and quickly with Anti-aliasing enabled.

The difference of power between the two pcs is enormous and this is what really makes me think what is really going on?

The performance difference between the two PCs is enormous, which makes me wonder what could be causing this discrepancy. If you have any insights, I'd greatly appreciate your advice.

Kind Regards,

Takis Apostolides

Hi Norbert,

Is there anything else I need to do to forward the issue to the developer's team?

Have you had a chance to figure out what might be causing the problem with the "anti-aliasing" settings in BIMx?

@Takis wrote:

Is there anything else I need to do to forward the issue to the developer's team?

Norbert said to ... "Please send us a feedback with these details from the application. This will automatically create a ticket on our official support channel and we will start the investigation."

Have you done this?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
MASz
Advocate

I have previously raised this issue with the developers. Anti-aliasing does simply perform poorly, even with a 3090. 

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display

You mean through "Help" >>> "Contact us" inside BIMx?

Can't find anything else with "Feedback"

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, use the "contact us" option please.

Kind regards,

Norbert Kucsma

Technical Support Engineer

Hi, I've sent the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Takis Apostolides