BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD versus Vertex BD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm attempting to do a comparison between ArchiCAD and Vertex BD and was curious if there were any users who had experience using both and what their impressions of the pros and cons of each were. If you're adding comments please include the length of time you've worked with each and what Versions.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wanted to find out if you ever got your questions answered about this. We are primarily a Vertex BD Design firm, however have a employee that is moving forward with a Archicad initiative. She has been using Archicad for about 6 months and might be able to answer some questions for you. Let me know if you are still needing assistance with this, and I can get you in contact with our employee.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried VertexBD shortly for a few years ago before I invested ArchiCad. And what i now, you can't compare V.BD and ArchiCad. ArchiCad is primarly a design software and VertexBD are (or was) primarly a production software with a designpart.

What are you working with? There you have your answer of what software you should look for.

Are you a buildingcompany where you build walls, slabs and so on in a factory and set things together at site, then VertexBD (or similary software) is your choice.
Are you an architecture or design company, then VertexBD is too complex and expensive and ArchiCad (or similary software) will be your choice.
Learn and get certified!