Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

BIM Manual

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
As I dive back into my on-going efforts to create an employee BIM Manual (yeah! ), I was wondering if there are any CAD/BIM Managers out there that would like to share what they have developed for their firms -- even a Table of Contents would be very helpful.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
7 REPLIES 7
Erich
Contributor
Laura,

Since I am facing the need to teach my entire office archicad, once we make the switch from flat cad, I have been doing a lot of research into this type of question. In my searches I ran across just such a document here

http://v3.digitalvis.com/pdfs/offstand.pdf

They also have a number of other usful documents on their site.

I hope this helps
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
http://v3.digitalvis.com/archicad_tips.php

That is probably the link that you had in mind. A lot of good stuff.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Talk to Robert Kalocay, apparently they have a thick tome that sets down 'The Law'.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes, I'm aware of the Digital Vision website and it's contents -- very helpful. I was just curious to see what others are doing and what has/hasn't been successful. It's interesting to find those who have come to the same conclusions completely independent of each other, while there are those who have found success in a totally different way (much like the posts of this forum).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura,

If you would be happy to talk to you about what we have done here at CUH2A, if you would like to send me an e-mail or give me a call.
TomWaltz
Participant
I broke ours into 3 sections:
- Graphic Standards
- Production Standards
- Best Practices

The Graphic Standards section shows how elements are expected to look when printed and what Archicad tools/pens/settings are used to make them.

The Production Standards section is all the CAD-only stuff, which explains in detail the layers, the office templates, View Set organization, project file organization, and all the other

The Best Practices section is a pile of one-page tips and tricks that show anything from how best to model a road on a sloping site to how we use modules for apartments. The important thing about this section is that it does not replace the Archicad user manual. It focuses more on results so that you see both the finished result and how you got there. This one gets updated fairly often since people are always coming up with new ideas.

I had to discipline myself to refer people to the manuals instead of stepping them through myself (like when teamworking a project), but I think it's worked pretty well.
Tom Waltz
rob2218
Enthusiast
..."Ain't that great about 'standards'....that there are so many to choose from?".....

quote of the day.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS