BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculation Guide - printing manual

KeesW
Advocate
The Calculation Guide used to come as a printed booklet with Archicad. I've got a couple of them for older AC versions. I am about to use it seriously for version 9 and went to print it from the Archicad Help - must be about 200 pages! What annoyed me was that the printed output trimmed the end of many screen shots so that it would fit across an A4 page. Surely, having saved money by not printing a proper manual, Graphisoft could at least ensure that users who wanted this manual could print this out in a printer friendly format! Do the missing bits matter - I don't know yet!

GGRRRRR!

KeesW
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Kees,

Feel like recycling that stack of paper?

In general, printing from the online help is not advisiable as images and fixed-format regions will definitely be truncated.

Almost all content is available on your CD or installation directory in PDF format though.

The Calculation Guide PDF is only 70 pages and should print perfectly from Adobe Reader.

To repeat some old tips from the archives for everyone's benefit: for whatever reason, Graphisoft does not install all PDF files by default (varies by country I believe) and what it does install is put in the wrong place. Complaints about this from prior versions fall on deaf ears.

During installation, a Graphisoft Documentation folder is created under your main ArchiCAD 9 (8.1, etc.) program folder. This folder is not accessible except via Explorer / Finder.

If you RENAME this folder to be simply Documentation, then all of the PDF contents in that folder will show up in your Help menu, ready to pop up in Adobe Reader.

Further, the US installation leaves all except a few MSA PDF files on the installation CD. Insert the CD, and copy all of the PDF documents into the Documentation folder above and you'll have ready access to printable versions of the various manuals, including the Object Making with ArchiCAD book.

Naturally, place any other useful PDF files in your Documentation folder as well, for ready access.

[Just for completeness ... the web links that show up in your Help menu come from the WWWLinks folder under the ArchiCAD installation folder. Any internet shortcuts you place there will show up in the Help menu ... and of course feel free to delete ones you don't want.]

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
KeesW
Advocate
Thanks Karl. Silly me! It didn't occur to me to check the CD first. My documentation folder only contains the Training Guides 1 and 2.
Kees
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!