BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule with Nested Modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a big issue when it comes to door schedules. The project is an apartment building. Each apartment is made using a hotlink module. In order to get unique ID's for each door in the schedule, I had named the door something like "A" for instance in the module file. This way when I place the module into the master file, I number that instance of the module "101" and that particular door then reads as "101A". This works, but now our file has gotten so big that we had to break it into pieces (East, West, etc). So now the modules are nested, which is messing up that naming system. The doors now take their name from the Larger module so the name for instance will be something like "WEST WING MODULEA". Any advice on how to deal with scheduling doors when working with nested hotlink modules? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this and it works for me in ARCHICAD 18, latest build.

Here is exactly what I did:

1. Create 4 Walls, placed 2 Doors into them. I gave one Door the ID "A". I gave the other Door the ID "B". I copied this to the Clipboard then saved the contents of the Clipboard as a Module. I saved it under the name "1.mod".

2. Create 4 Walls, placed 2 Doors into them. I gave one Door the ID "C". I gave the other Door the ID "D". I copied this to the Clipboard then saved the contents of the Clipboard as a Module. I saved it under the name "2.mod".

3. In a new ARCHICAD project I placed "1.mod". In the Place Hotlink Dialog I gave it the master ID "101-". Then I placed "2.mod". In the Place Hotlink Dialog I gave it the master ID "102-". Then I saved this Project under the name W.pln (W for "West").

4. I used the Save As command and I saved another copy of W.pln under the name E.pln (E for "East"). So now I had two PLN file, W.pln and E.pln, both containing 2 Modules, in both files the Master IDs of these Modules are "101-" and "102-", respectively.

5. I now created a new Project File and placed W.pln as a Hotlinked Module. In the Place Hotlink Dialog I gave it the master ID "W". Then I placed E.pln as a Hotlinked Module. In the Place Hotlink Dialog I gave it the master ID "E".

Now I had this structure:
Project File
--E.pln ("E")
----1.mod ("101-")
------Door ("A")
------Door ("B")
----2.mod ("102-")
------Door ("C")
------Door ("D")
--W.pln ("W")
----1.mod ("101-")
------Door ("A")
------Door ("B")
----2.mod ("102-")
------Door ("C")
------Door ("D")

In the attached screenshot you can see the result I got when I scheduled the Doors. It shows that for me that all Doors got their IDs correctly, the IDs were concatenated correctly based on the nested Hotlink Structure and the specified Master IDs.
NestedHotlinksDoorSchedule.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am attempting to do the same, and have gotten it to work in the schedule. However, I cannot get my door label to comply. I have created a satisfactory door label for 1 nested hotlink, using the REQUEST found here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=44661&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=20

But when I try to "stack" the nested hotlinks, the label only picks up on the most proximate ID.

In other words I have

Hotlink 03 >> Hotlink 02 >> Hotlink 01

in the schedule the ID shows up as 010203, but the label show 0103.

(Sorry to resurrect a fairly old post, and this may be better suited for the GDL section, but it seems closely related to this post. Let me know if I should create a new post)

[EDITED]

So I found a work around, that is rather inelegant, but works stupendously. The new (and much improved, I might add) labels in AC19 show the correct ID of the door of double nested modules. No GDL scripting required!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Kyle,

Your signature says you are on AC19. But in the last part of your post you talk about AC19.
In the majority of your post, the double-nested hotlink label problem - does that happen in AC17 or AC19? And what version label does it happen with?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!